7/3/14

As of Late

Lately, I've been feeling a strong urge to pull back.  This resulted in a weird, spur-of-the-moment cyber cleanse (deleting my Facebook, making old blogs private, wiping my virtual footprint if you will...) and of course, being quiet on here.

I love writing and I love sharing my life. Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm pretty much an open book. So, why the sudden urge to be private? To be completely honest, I'm not sure.. I know for one thing, I find myself enjoying day to day life so much more when I'm not constantly checking social media apps, thinking about writing and taking pictures for content, and keeping up with the circle jerk that is blogging.

With that being said, through blogging I've met an amazing group of women from all over the world who I love following and corresponding with. They are real and funny and compassionate and I don't plan on losing touch with any of them anytime soon, but I think pulling back right now and writing only when the moment hits me is what's best. It feels more real that way.

SO, what have I been up to in real life?

// Writing 


I've been writing everyday just for myself. It's been extremely therapeutic to get the thoughts out of my head and onto paper. I look forward to that alone time every day. Subsequently, I've also been praying more and feeling really connected and grateful these days.

// Nourishing


We've been eating a plant-based diet and I am still alcohol and simple-carb free. My caffeine intake is still limited, but let's be honest - mama needs some coffee in the morning. My heart and blood sugar feel stable and I feel genuinely healthy. I've also been drinking a gallon+ of water each day along with exercising regularly.




// Gardening:


My garden is booming so I've been drying my herbs as fast as I can to not lose any. Our peppers are also starting to come in and I'm excited to start jarring hot sauce and tomato sauce.

// Photography 


My mom dropped off her old Yashika Electro 35, and even had some extra film laying around so I practiced loading it last night (it's been awhile) and took some test shots. I love the focus that is required for a film camera. You can't just snap away because you have to pay for each shot. Once I get the hang of it, I have dreams of making a dark room in our basement to develop my own film. 


We are so looking forward to this long holiday weekend. We're kicking it off by heading to a Styx and Foreigner concert tonight with friends who just moved back into the area and then spending as much of the weekend outside as possible with friends and family.

As always, you can follow me on Instagram @heather_kulp08 and to follow the lovely ladies I mentioned above, follow these links:

Marie-Pier @ Four Seasons at Home (Canada)
Jana @ Tea Time Blog (Germany)
Joanna @ Another House Blog (Norway)


1 comment:

  1. I understand you very well Heather, I feel a bit like you recently. I think summertime is responsible for that letting go feeling and the fact that we move away from our phones and cameras. And there's nothing wrong with that!

    And a blog isn't a job, it's a hobby, so you can write whenever you feel like to, either once a week or every month.

    Happy long weekend, take time for yourself! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Disqus for Year Two (and beyond)

nRelate All Pages

Disqus